How To Buy Tickets from the PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay
Dear PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay event-goer,
In January 2013, we changed our official ticketing provider from Ticketmaster to EVENTIM.
To save time when buying tickets for new events at the PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay we strongly recommend you register for a MyEVENTIM account.
Not only is it free and easy to do, you’ll also receive all the latest news from EVENTIM on your favourite artists and events - saving you valuable minutes when booking tickets for events at the PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay.
To sign up, simply click here: http://www.eventim.co.uk/myeventim
Eventim Customer Services: 0333 344 6250
Book tickets online with our ticketing services provider Eventim
Book by Telephone
- Hotline: 0844 248 1588* | Mon-Sun 8am-10pm
- General Enquiries: 0844 493 4567*
- Accessible Booking Line: 0191 251 5484
- For those with difficulty operating a telephone please email email@example.com. Please note this email address is only for patrons who cannot operate a telephone and special needs bookings. All other enquiries should be made via the booking hotline as replies will unfortunately not be given to any other issues.
Book by Post
- Cheques should be made payable to the PLAYHOUSE - Send to: Box Office, PLAYHOUSE Whitley Bay, Marine Avenue, Whitley Bay, NE26 1LZ
- Please include an additional 75p per ticket when paying by cheque. Please enclose a stamp address envelope, tickets held for 2 weeks until cheque clears.
Book in Person at the PLAYHOUSE
- Mon-Fri 10am - 4pm
- Sat 10.30am - 2.30pm
Groups of 10 plus, please contact our Group Booking Department on 0191 260 6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note Group Bookings are only available on selected shows, see events page for further details.
Mon - Fri - When a performance starts in the evening the venue box office will remain open until the event begins, for purchasing any tickets for forthomcoming shows at the venue, plus collecting and purchasing for that evenings show.
Saturday - The Box office will reopen at 5.30pm on an event evening and will close once the performance starts.
Sunday - The Box office will only open on a Sunday when there is an event. For a matinee performance it will open 1 hour 30 minutes before the show starts, e.g. 9.30am for an 11am performance. For an evening performance it will open 3 hours prior to show start e.g. 4.30pm for a 7.30pm show.
The Box office will open 1 ½ hours before the performance start time and will close once the performance starts. On none event days the box office will be closed on a Bank Holiday
Conditions of Sale
Full details available on request
- The promoter and/or PLAYHOUSE operator reserves the right to refuse admission, conduct security searches and make changes to the programme/event if rendered necessary by possible cause.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or monies refunded. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date and time of any re-arranged event.
- The ticket holder is strictly prohibited from bringing cameras, video recorders, recording equipment, food, containers, bottles, or cans into the venue.
- The re-selling of tickets for commercial gain or profit except by the PLAYHOUSE, Eventim or one of its agents is not permitted and the ticket will become void with the holder being refused entry or ejected.
- If you arrive late you may be refused admission until a suitable break in the performance.
- Purchase of a ticket does not guarantee 100% view of the event.
- Smoking in the venue is prohibited by law.
Infant and Child Ticketing Policy
Ages 0 – 18 months -
We strongly recommend that this age group should not be brought to the PLAYHOUSE for any concerts or music events. The music and special effects may have a detrimental effect on the children’s hearing.
Age 18 months plus -
We strongly recommend that this age group do not attend concerts, however this decision is at the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Children / family shows, in general do set the sound level appropriate to the age group however if in doubt please consult event details on our website.
Any attendance would be on a paid basis (even if sharing a seat with a parent).
Age Under 14 years -
As a responsible entertainment venue, the safety and comfort of our patrons is paramount. This Duty of Care is particularly relevant when protecting minors under 14 years old; as such our policy is that all children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult, defined as someone 16+ years of age who will be present for the full duration of the event.
Parents should always be aware of their general responsibilities regarding their children’s safety in situations where they are outside their direct control, and indeed legislation detailing these responsibilities.
* Unless photographic proof of age is supplied, staff will make a judgement based on visual appearance prior to entry.